View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post

ill get the grease n chain lube, and to be sure, the cable only unhooks from the wheel, not up in the speedometer?? what does the greasing do for it? do the same for the clutch?

also, what does the cdi do? I'm going to order some extra parts like you guys have been doing, lol. do they have the parts there or have to order them from china?

*** youtube is awesome, at least showed me what to look for. the front brake switch that gets pushed in when you pull hand brake, then releases to turn light off - was loose and at an angle, so the lever wasn't hitting it and turning it off. simple!
Forgot about the clutch cable--I have never lubed it, but did end up going through a couple with my old bike. There might be an alternative clutch cable as far as parts go--maybe even a Honda part. Someone might know, but they are fairly specific for each model due to how long they are. Their length plays into it.

Good to read about the brake light. I never had that problem, so good to know what to check for if I do.

CDIs kind of control the bikes electrics. My '09s never had a problem. But my new one did one morning just as I arrived at work. The bike died and would not start. There happened to be a thread here about someone having a similar issue, and someone mentioned the CDI. I took my '09's CDI with me back to work in the evening, but forgot the key to try it out. Since I drove myself, even if I had started it, I would have had to leave it, since I was alone. I changed out the CDI, and left the bike just outside the prison's front gate for the next morning.

The next morning, my coworker took me to work, with the key, and she started right up! I had failed to bring my helmet or sunglasses with me because I did not think the CDI fix the evening before would have solved it, so rode it 16 miles home after work with no head or even eye protection. Fortunately, no cops saw me (remember how I said everyone drives 70-75 mph in a 50 zone), because in Arizona, one is supposed to have eye protection at a minimum (or a windshield), since we aren't required by law to have a helmet.

I ended up having a CDI sent under warranty, but paid for one, too. Plus, until and unless my '09 sells, I have that one as a third spare! I have my '09's clutch cable as a spare, too, and I have a brand new spare speedo cable from my '09 because that bike did not have the hub to attach it to, so I never had a speedo for that bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard