Thread: Tmec-200
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #48

I like the smaller rear sprocket because I have to maintain about 55 mph for several miles (the speed limit is actually only 50, but it's a two lane, and people like to hit 70 or more, so they make you feel like you are holding them back "excuse me, I didn't realize we really have 'the Purge' and everything is legal this morning"). The 48 tooth sprocket lets me maintain 55 to 60 rather than simply running it up to those speeds with the engine screaming to slow down because it feels like it is being tortured (as well as you feel tortured by the massive vibrations, LOL). Ideally, I would like a 44, but don't want to have one custom made. For what you are riding for, the 56 is ideal, but you will realize what I am saying when you take if several miles on a highway maintaining 55 mph (hopefully your locals are far nicer than southern AZ locals who seemed to have learned, and maintain practice with, the "anything-goes" driving mentality from across the border (i.e. the 75 mph in a 50 zone morning commute)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard