View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #15

The Shoei SB2 hard bags and big no name trunk I picked up in Maine are finished.

Before

After

Finished in Black Metal Flake. The chrome on the crashbars was pretty pretty crummy after electrolysis cleaning, so they were finished in Black Hammer Tone.

I've decided not to use the trunk(after all that work). I think it has been customized probably one time too many and I'm not thrilled with the integrity. Or lack thereof. I don't think I would be able to open the bags with it mounted.

Anyway, just the hardbags and my original trunk. The bags are on the bike now but need to be tweaked before I'm happy with the position.

BTW, I junked the ebay HK LEDs I bought when I first got the bike up and running and went back to incandescent bulbs for a few months. I decided to try again and I went with *Superbright LEDS ($$$) for the turn signals. What a difference. Brighter than the bulbs. I also went their brake light flasher. When the brakes are applied, the lights flash three times quickly, three times slowly, then steady on. I'm thinking of adding a red LED light strip to the trunk and running it through the flasher too.

*http://www.superbrightleds.com/

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts