View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 01:31 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
I do ride on the snow occasionally, but only off road. Light powdery snow less than 3" I think is quite OK as the knobbies bite through it to the dirt below. I would not do it on pavement though.

Now spiked tires would be a different story.

I'd like to try my YZ with the sand paddle in deeper snow as I think it would work, but, thank God, we don't get much snow here.
Bring that bike down to the dunes near Yuma. Actually, there are some dunes north of us, too, which would make it closer for you, but you can see what I mean by all the beach-like sand we have down this way along the Colorado River.

The video I linked from the guy in the UK does show him on the 17"/17" street tires which I believe all that they had available in the UK for the time someone imported the TMEC 125's.

I would be interested if someone will keep their bikes on the road this year into the winter, including snow. I think that people seem to have issues in the spring when they store their bikes away, so I would suggest to keep them running--either ridden or started--yes, easy for me to say since I ride year round, LOL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard