View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #9

Thanks to SpudRider and all the others who have commented. Sorry to be late in responding but I've been away again for a few days.

Now I must say I think I will ask SkyTeam what their opinion of this is.
I've not had the marks disappear over days in fact it's now 13 days since the spillage dried on the bike on a baking hot day whilst on my trailer being towed to Wales.

I've tried to use Yellow tinted T-Cut to no avail. I even tried a paint polish restorer near the worst stains by the fuel filler cap but it rubbed right through the finish and left a grey spot about the size of a thumb-nail.

The stain has gone right through the glaze and possibly even marked the yellow base color. So I think either a respray and refinish with some proper fuel repellant glaze as a final coat, or see if I can get SkyTeam to honour a new tank under warranty.

I'll report back what they say. I don't hold out much hope because they may decide to tell me that in the User Manual (Handbook) it says to wipe off any fuel spillages immediately to avoid damage to the paintwork finish. Well I've never had spillage affect paint on a Japanese or German or British built bike in my life. So who's at fault here?

Catch you later
Cheers
Plado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I would certainly contact Skyteam and ask them to replace the fuel tank. You have nothing to lose by asking them to honor the warranty.