View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post

also, does anyone know of any differences between the 17 in street version, the dirt style with 21 front 18 rear tire, and then the ones with gold rims?? the ones with gold rims seem to have a lot more decals, and a bit fancier looking, but don't know if the bikes are all the same…

and thanks culcune, i will call tomorrow for sure!
The photos on county imports are the same as the photos from Excalibur. County is an authorized dealer, but I was wrong--they are not drop shipping from Excalibur. In fact, when I ordered my bike directly through Excalibur, I had it shipped to my friend's business, but then again, in my deal, I ordered my bike and a scooter for my friend's sister, and used my friend's name as the receiver. The one thing I had going for me, however, is that Excalibur's bank is the same as mine, so I simply made a withdraw from my account and deposited straight into Excalibur's account which was a lot smoother than a Visa or MasterCard. Keep in mind, I know the guys who work there personally since I stopped by there on the way back to Arizona from L.A. and met them, including the owner; I have trust in them in other words.

There is one 'odd' TMEC shown on Exalibur's site and County's which is the fancier one with gold rims. That one is a 'Radisson' brand from Iran. It was either given to Mr. Liu (the photo, not the bike) by TMEC, or it was on display when Mr. Liu took the photos of his bikes in China. The older TMECs from '09 used to come with gold rims (black bike or red bike) , or red rims (white bike), but they did not look good as far as being interchangeable. In fact, when I had a sprocket issue with my old bike, and had to get a new rim, I had a stock red one up front, and a rear gold one! The gold did not look good with the white bike, as well as being mismatched with the red front wheel but it was functional for several thousand miles of commuting.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard