View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCat View Post
Hmm....that is strange. What's even stranger is that this seller shows he's in Alabama but has a phone number that is in New York. Weird.
Actually, mefast is on the up and up as far as TMEC 200s go, according to Wade. They have been around for years, and sell a wide variety of bikes. They are technically the only 'authorized' drop shipper of TMEC 200 endures from Wade, although he is not a big fan of having people assemble them at home. He ends up with a few customer service issues from home assemblers from Mefast sales.

Those are old stock photos from TMEC's headquarters from the older models--Excalibur used to have some of the same photos on their site until they got the new models in. Either way, those tires are rare. If you watch one of the youtube videos from Excalibur where they show 3 new TMECs assembled, one of them has the more common 21" front/18" rear setup. However, I once saw a TMEC in the L.A. Craigslist that was being sold with what looked like 17" f/r knobbies. I even posted it on the "great Craigslist finds" thread, but the ad would be long, long gone. The point is--there were a few of those knobbies sold, and I should look around for some because I have a spare front and rear wheel...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard