View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #39

I looked at the online parts manual referred to in this thread for the TMEC, and I am impressed. I just glanced through it. MY reading eyesight isn't too good, (lol), but it looks very organized. Someone put some effort into it. I didn't actually see the brake pads, but I was just skimming through.

I am considering buying a new TMEC. I go by birdmove on most other forums such as mychinamoto, advrider, etc. I am leaning towards the TMEC partly due to comments by culcune, and partly due to a few emails back and forth with Mr. Liu previously. I will not be able to buy from a dealer, as there are zero in Hawaii. So I will have to assemble it myself, which I am not concerned about. I am hoping to be able to order one maybe some time next month (June). I was also considering a new Bashon 200, or even a new SSR Honda CT70 clone. I believe SSR has dropped the clone. And, the reputation of Mr Wade Liu, as told by culcune, and that fact that culcune says they always have the parts he needs, and this organized online parts manual are leading me to buying a new TMEC. I did get to look at one a few years back when we were still living on Puyallup, Washington, and I liked the looks of the white TMEC very much.

I would like another Kawasaki KLR650, but I am retired, money is tight, and I am not too bad of a wrench turner after 52 years of riding motorcycles. New and many used bikes are expensive here, as you don't have much competition in sellers. I have seen several used Honda Grom's on craigslist here, where the seller's are asking $5000. And they state, if you think that's too much, just try to buy one from the dealer.

I have also looked at the Qlinks, but I understand Qlink is shut down.