View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 01:40 AM   #11

Very helpful and informative Weld! Thanks a million! I will check that out as soon as I get past one thing. We know that mine isn't restrictive at the moment since I don't have one. With that being said we've pulled the carb and cleaned that as well as changed the spark plug. Drained old fuel out and put fresh fuel along with a new fuel filter. (not a factory one just one I found down at Auto Zone) Doubt that is my problem. But just to recap we have air, spark, and fuel being delivered. When you crank it up it will idle no problem. The minute you start to put a load on it it wants to die. If you give it more throttle then it starts puffing out black smoke and really wants to die out. If you hold the throttle at constant the engine will fluctuate in rpm's on it's own. If you don't back down on the throttle slowly to idle it will die and puff a little smoke back out of the intake. And if you let off of it, it will die. Is this a sign of the CDI? I thought I remember reading somewhere this as the culprit. If not what are the signs of a bad CDI? Thanks again guys!