View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:51 PM   #12

I linked to Excalibur on mychinamoto.com; www.atv4usa.com
They won't sell directly to the public IF there is a brick and mortar dealer nearby. Otherwise, they will sell you one directly.

There is a dealer in Florida selling TMECs as Denali-TMEC. They are called Ocala Atv in Morristown. I don't know Florida, so don't know how close or far they are to you. www.ocalaatv.com. They are listed at $1899, which is getting further out of range for you, but I would negotiate down, and out the door. I am not a fan of the lettering they put on the bike. I do know that TMECs are DOT/EPA certified for 49 states, so registration is no problem in all states but California ( ironic that Excalibur are out of Cal.). If you call Excalibur, you will speak with either Alan or the owner, Wade. Both have heavy Chinese accents, but both understand English very well. Tell them 'Simon' sent you. I have had the pleasure of stopping at Excalibur to pick up some body panels and an ignition on the way home to Yuma from L.A. They are good business people, especially considering the sub-par quality inherent with Chinese bikes.

I am of the opinion that a single-cylinder bike is a much better learning tool than a twin. The Dong Fang bobber is a single, and has a good following as evidenced by the huge thread on mychinamoto. 'Barnone' started that thread, and is a member here if you had a chance to read any of that thread.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard