Thread: Hello All...
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Welcome to the forum. There are a number of (older) people who have owned many many bikes and get a kick out of the challenges of CB ownership ;-)

Did you get your bike new? Could it have a partially clogged jet? Your symptoms fit.

They are jetted lean fromt he factory usually to meet emmisions requirements and give the best economy (I figure) but they usually run OK, especially with the stock airbox and exhaust, which I figure you are running?
Hi again,
I've stripped out the jets and find the main is a 105 and the pilot a 38 - no wonder it wouldn't tick over! I've ordered the jet kit from Skyteam (the sprocket is extra - which makes the jets a bit expensive at £19,95!) so should be able to report any improvements when they arrive. I somehow doubt that a 105 will feed enough fuel - but I'll have the 105 to play with - when I can find my set of very small drill bits and can measure the two hole diameters... I'll do that before fitting the new jets and then plug chop to check the mixture... That way I'll have an idea of the flow rate difference and how it has affected the mixture. Fingers crossed!