View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Wow! You really know your history of that area. I lived there for six years, and worked at the Palo Alto medical clinic. I very much like to living there, but I preferred living up in the country, when I moved to Sonora after six years.

When I lived there, everything was built up. The only areas that are not developed, are all off-limits to riding, shooting, and probably most forms of enjoyment nowadays! I did enjoy riding my mountain bike a lot, I would do Mission Peak on a regular basis. Once, when nobody was looking, I took my XR250 up Mission Peak, what a riot!
I loved growing up there. It WAS country. You could hunt, fish, bike ride, dirt bike ride, surf (at Santa Cruz), etc. etc. Wonderful memories. I'm still married to my High School sweetheart of 42 years. We prospered there. They tore down my High School and put up some silly facade of it? Washington. It was built in 1892, I think. In my opinion, California 'ain't' California anymore. Any open land has some rule attached to it , where it's illegal to do anything unless you get permission or PAY a fee for use. Just like the Rubicon. We jeepers used to keep that trail policed, cleaned, etc, etc. The feds and the Sierra Club were always looking for an excuse to shut it down. We kept it in pristine condition, and the Sierra Club, still hated us. I am a conservationist but I have strong words I won't use for them on this site. Sorry if there are any Sierra Club members here.