View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Interesting! Fremont is where I lived when I heard people talking about that. Paseo Padre? Mowery Ave? That Winchester would be worth bank now.
Fremont used to encumber 93 square miles. It was mainly a produce growing area.
Long before there was Lake Elisabeth, there were gravel pits that Alameda Creek used to feed into. The road now known as Paseo Padre used to parallel that creek and the gravel pits. We used to hunt 'vermets' or, 'plinking' in that area. Across from the gravel pits was a place we called 'Honda Hill'. There are many old motorcycles buried in that big crevasse we would ride down, then back up the other side trying to get as airborne as we could. There were many a broken bone on the landings as it was almost straight up. My Garelli shot up about 10 or so feet and came down on its side the last time I rode it. I left it there in the bottom. RIP Garelli!. I think that would be where Grimmer dead ends into Paseo now. The Gardino family owned most of the land there and where the New City Hall is located. The other, family owned, large farm was the Fudina Family (Kristi Yamaguchi's family). They were produce farmers, both of which I worked for.
I owned a home on the corner of Paseo and Hancock. It was my last home there. On to Folsom from there.
When I was drafted I gave up my 'Riflemans' Winchester to my brother. You're right I wish I still had it. I still own a cheaper version, a marlin 336w 30-30.