View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #2

Almost finished the wedding gift for Saturday, I'll be done today.
1 More day of painting to pay for a spoke wrench, gas, and coffee.
The 2 dates I have for a go are July30, and Aug13. The second date is better because my brother won't have his kid, and he'll have more money. Kato is sending a solenoid and I want to strap it in and test it. I don't know if my bulb problem is solved, I think it is, but I haven't been riding much because of working and getting parts and fixing. I feel like parking my bike in a plasic bag and leaving it there, I don't think I can get it running any better, or faster. If it's still running for next season I'd change the seat, get a bigger tank and working petcock, the chrome bubble light that I want, but now I'd concider new rims and brakes. I had a back drum issue that I think I solved, and I think my front disk is warped slightly. The wheel still spins freely, but really noticable backing up the bike. I'd re-do the disk and try it before going further. Once I have the cash, parts and tools I'll have the time to do some testing before I go. I want to do what I can to better my chances of making the trip fun, and to come back on a better bike than I started with.