View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #10

It looks like you guys went to the starting line on Thursday!

Here are some photographs I took the day we rode down to Wendover. Tom and Sam are psyched for the trip as they pose with the beautiful Lifanda.

We stopped in Holbrook to stretch our legs. I photographed the XR650L in front of the local park, while Weldangrind took photos of the old Ford Deuce.

Riding across the desert, we came to an intersection. One road leads to Golden Spike National Historic Site, where the Transcontinental Railroad was completed in 1869. Here's a photo of Weld and Sam with the road sign, and the Promontory Mountains in the background.

I switched places with Weld, and he took the following photograph.

Riding west of the ghost town of Kelton, we stopped to hydrate, stretch, take a photo.

Approaching Wendover from the north, I took a photograph of the salt flats east of Pilot Mountain while Weldangrind conferred with Sam regarding his wobbly front wheel.

This is perhaps my favorite photograph from the trip, showing the road winding to the south past Pilot Mountain.

Welangrind graciously snapped my photograph before we continued riding to Wendover.

After reaching Wendover, we went searching for Tom, who had arrived ahead of us, and secured an excellent campsite. Here's our home away from home, with the XR650L parked in the background.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894