View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #19

STRRRRIKE! Finally solved my footpeg problem.
Some of you might remember that the original footpegs are way too far in front for me. This is the bike in standard condition:

And this is it since today:

You notice what took me so long. I had to find a solution for the shifting pedal. And i did.

Same story with the brake pedal, this is standard condition:

I found a brake pedal for the Cobra 125, and i found it in Great Britain. The shipping was higher than the cost of the pedal, but it was exactly what i needed. I shortened it for about an inch and now it fit's perfectly. A better mechanic would have achieved a better look, but it's very stable, and that's what counts for me:

On these pictures the shifting pedal appears to be very low, but in fact the whole setting is higher and narrower than the standard setting.The new footpegs do fold up like the old ones. The only downside of this whole project is that the side stand is missing now. I'm still looking for a solution therefor. Maybe the main stand of a Honda Dax will fit, i have to check that. But not today. Today is the right time to celebrate my first bike conversion...