View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #51

Hi again! Figured it was time to jump back on this little bike after full size vehicles distracted me for a bit

Where it sits now is where I left it a few months ago.

Busted shifter (it didn't want to straighten)

And bent bracket/pegs, missing peg, missing spring for kickstand.

I figure I'll probably just replace the shifter with one that looks identical on ebay. If I want to get rid of the heel shifter, I'll just cut it off. That way I should be pretty safe in assuming it'll fit, and clear the case.

With that whole peg and kickstand bracket deal, I'm not 100% positive what route to go. I'd love to replace it with something simpler, as suggested, but it's got the brake lever on it as well, and I don't see anything that replaces that on ebay. I actually don't even see the stock style on ebay.

Is there a way to go with the smaller peg and stand assembly, or am I stuck salvaging the stock, low hanging setup?
I can heat and bend it back to where it should all be, but still need a new peg (or 2), and spring for the stand. So that's gonna cost a couple bucks regardless. And on top of that, most of the bracket has been welded back together multiple times, so it's a bit suspect. Replacing probably wouldn't cost much more, and would be much safer, as well as more functional and better looking. Just need a way around that rear brake issue.

pics to clarify

Oh, also, the kickstand is actually only about 7" long, so that's another thing that complicates things. Most of the ones on ebay are of course, much longer.