View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments, guys. I haven't been able to stop thinking about the café project since I started the thread last night. Since I'm literally swapping parts between two bikes, I need to be careful about measuring before I start chopping brackets, etc.

For example, the XR200 frame originally had drum brakes, but it will have the Roketa discs front and rear, but with some cool red Gio calipers and braided hoses. In order to make that work, the passenger peg mounts need to be removed from the Roketa and welded onto the XR200. I'll need to be sure of placement before I weld them in place. The same goes for the tank mounts, seat mount and other bits. I should probably start a thread on the Chinafication of the XR200 as well. It's a lot to wrap my mind around.

I'm grateful that I have an identical XR200 frame that has been tweaked; I can chop tabs and mounts from it with little regard for accuracy, and then prepare them carefully for transplant onto the Roketa.

I measured the XR200 forks that are now on the Roketa, and they are 31mm. As such, these are the clip-ons that I'm looking at: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/31mm-Fork-Cli...aa0534&vxp=mtr

To anybody wondering why I would bother with all of this, it's largely because I need supervision. Aside from that, the Roketa has a title and the XR is dirt-only. The only way to create a dirt bike and a café is to swap everything between the two frames.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer