Thread: GIO X31
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #146

I finally cooked my ignition wire!
Killed the 3 phase rectifier too.
I probably did what most people do and bypassed the fuse rather than pushing the bike 3 miles back to the house!

I will be upgrading the wire to an appropriate gauge, a new rectifier and replace the ridiculous glass fuses with a standard automotive blade fuse. Much easier and cheaper to deal with.
I am also about to do a repaint and decal the plastics with custom, borderline morbid tribal graphics, a wicked large red chrome plastic skull replacing the fork racing number plate and a few other extras like tribal gothic mirrors set under the bars instead of above like a motorcycle.
I even have a spun aluminum canister 12 volt LED half built I might put on if it doesn't become a hassle.

And then...I'm gonna sell it!
I just don't have a place to ride it the way I see things.
Small town is overgrown, most the woods are gone and what's left is mostly cut for 4 wheelers. I had a hell of a time navigating through the 4 wheeler ruts cut into the paths especially on the turns. Got thrown off a couple times just putting through them.
I'm too banged up for my age as it is and need the cash for college, my business and my band.
As good of shape as I am in, I think with the injuries and surgeries I went through as a kid I am only suited for 4 wheels!

I came up with that air box mod which was a tremendous boost in power and have a couple good plugs both brand new. I also have the older Xangshen engine that's said to be better along with the genuine Mikuni carb I ran the numbers on it.
I have a spare, unused tire, new battery, custom brake and shift pegs, 2 sets of custom grips, a new in the box floating trailer/ramp for the bike to sit sideways at the back of a truck/car/van in the square hitch pipe, chest protector, wicked evil helmet and probably a few other goodies.
The bike as fun as it is on the street compared to the dirt has hardly been ridden and has a ton of upgrades.
I'm thinking $1300 for everything. That's about $800 under what has gone into it.

I might be a bit hopeful with that target price but I figure with all that I have it is a hell of a deal and if they want to low ball me, I'll pull everything and let the bike and spare tire go for a grand.
Every time I do something to it or just look at it, it's really hard to sell but I will never ride it enough to justify keeping it. If it were a street bike then that's a completely different story.......