View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #237

Well it's official, those honda parts fit perfectly and fixed all my issues. Now the clutch handle feels smooth and it can be adjusted with proper free play and fully engages and disengages exactly like it should have all along.

No more gritty feeling, no more aluminum being chewed on and shaved off by steel and getting wedged in the shift drum pivot points and clutch release slide and everywhere else... Shifts like a honda, meaning you still have to "find" neutral carefully but works as it should. Been riding it the last few days just up and down the street.

I've been all over this bike and inside the engine side covers and rebuilt the carb and the rest of the bike seems to be of better quality than I initially gave it credit for. When I cleaned the carb I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and soap like I always do, and I must say you couldn't tell the quality of it from a japanese carb. In fact it's casting quality seems better than most older jap carbs I've had. Some things on this bike like fasteners with poor plating quality or plastic parts you can see where they cheaped out, and that's easily replaced if it bothers you, but the stuff that counts (most of the bike) looks really good.

I'm finally going to register this 6 year old bike for the first time ever and start using it. I had to call dmv to see if there would be a problem... Had a hard time explaining to the lady why I have a new 07 that's never been registered before, still just has an MCO. I think she thought I was trying to pull a fast one.

I've found some great examples of customs of these on youtube also, under different brand names, if anyone wants to see them I'll post links.