Thread: 2006 ZS250GS
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t0
Well after several hours on Saturday i managed to yank the motor out of the chassis. Only today to go and do something stupid... (ill get to that part in a minute) I pulled the top off the motor, everything looked good. Except, the bolt that holds the top sprocket in place for the cam chain was halfway undone, and the threads halfway in were messed up. I was hoping that was all it was. Then i decided to take the piston off and just check it out. First clip came out fine and i was very careful. Second one not so much. As i was pulling it out i lost my grip on it for a split second, and am fairly sure in dropped inside. After several very colorful choice words, i decided the only thing to do was to tear the rest of the ******* thing down and find it. So as it stands now, i have it mostly torn down, working to separate the two halves. I'm hoping to get to the rest of it this week if not it will be next weekend.

In the mean time has anyone had any luck recently getting in touch with zongshen america? I have tried calling and emailing with no reply on either avenue. I would really like to get the gasket sets on order so i'm not waiting to put the damn thing back together.

Your very frustrated forum fellow
m0t0
Please post a photograph of the upper cam sprocket and its bolt. I suspect your engine is very similar to the Zong/TW200 engine. If so, the cam sprocket is bolted directly to the camshaft itself. Also, the cam sprocket is kept from rotating by a small nub on the camshaft, but this nub only restrains the cam sprocket if the bolt is tight.

The gasket between both crankcase halves is a Yamaha gasket. However, because of the larger cylinder bore, you will need to get Zongshen gaskets for the cylinder base and cylinder head. The cam chain, camshaft, and cam sprocket are also Yamaha parts.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894