View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #8

Need help guys.

Thanks FastDoc! This has been a great piece to work on. I have modified every piece of it in one way or another.
The only problem I have now is that it started having problems idling. I have taken the carb all apart and cleaned it. added a inline fuel filter. I also adjusted the fuel air screw. The engine will run fine for about 10 seconds and then cough, like air is going the back through the carb the wrong way and then it will die. I recently changed the spark plug hoping that would help. I had to adjust the idle set screw in pretty fast (2700 rpms) to keep it running. I dropped the needle "C clip" to the lowest groove on the pointed side of the needle. After all that I have an idle that is fast and then slows down and not real consistent. It definitely gets a little better after the engine is hot. The engine has tons of power running through the gears with no hesitation. It's just this idling thing that I need to fix. I'm thinking that I may have an electrical issue? Or could it be that metal EPA pipe coming out of the head that goes to the intake that needs to be capped off? Any Ideas guys?