View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #2

The next morning had breakfast in Ogden before I headed out to ride Skyline Drive. The previous year I had not been able to ascend Farmington Canyon because a landslide had closed the road. I figured the road would be open this year, but I was wrong. Therefore, I continued southward and ascended Skyline Drive at Bountiful. Enjoying the view all the way, I climbed to the highest point on Skyline Drive, and stopped to admire the view of Farmington, the Great Salt Lake, and Antelope Island.

Looking a little farther to the north, I viewed the Promontory Mountains where I had ridden the previous day.

Looking directly north, I remounted the bike and headed off for Francis Peak, which is located above Kaysville.

I rode past the peak to the north end of Francis Peak Road and stopped to admire the view stretching from Ogden, through Kaysville, all the way down to the Oquirrh Mountains which terminate at the south shore of the Great Salt Lake.

I backtracked a bit, then headed farther north to Smith Creek Lakes. Here I enjoyed the views to the east of Morgan and the Morgan Valley.

Riding back south to Francis Peak, I admired another perspective of the Morgan Valley to the east.

Backtracking down from Francis Peak, I once again turned my attention to the west, where I could observe the panorama extending to the Oquirrh Mountains, and almost to Salt Lake City.

Ordinarily, I would have descended Farmington Canyon, but the road was still closed from last year’s landslide. Therefore, I headed back to Bountiful Peak. I parked my XR650L at the base of the peak, and climbed to the top to enjoy the view of the Great Salt Lake to the west.

Looking to the north, I viewed Francis Peak, from which I had just departed.

Looking to the east, I viewed Morgan, Richville, and Porterville.

Looking to the south, I viewed the Wasatch Range and the road back to Bountiful.

After eating my lunch and taking a few photographs, I descended Bountiful Peak and returned to my bike.

Riding back south to Bountiful, I paused frequently to admire the scenery. Entering the switchbacks just above Bountiful, I stopped to view the town and the Mormon temple.

After descending back to the valley, I considered taking an excursion to Salt Lake City. However, the wind began to blow as rain approached from the south. Therefore, I decided to eat supper, and return to Ogden to spend the evening.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894