View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #4

Wow. This was an epic ride. I hahve no idea how many miles but I logged 8 hours on the meter on the YZ. That may not sound like a lot but every inch of it was on rough single track. I don't think I ever rested a moment. Roots, rocks, steep drop offs, trees, aggressive climbs, water crossings. Everything but easy!

I am please to say everyone came through great, some scrapes and bumps and a couple scratches and broken levers. I was blessed. The YZ and I never went down. Indeed I was very pleased with my riding, and I have never been more impressed by the performance of the YZ. That bike did great !

Roger and I was the least skilled riders. The other guys are real experts, one is even an ex National Enduro rider.

Sorry many of these pics are unclear. I think my little camera is on its way out. I have a newer one but have not seen it since the move...

Partial group photo. There were 6 of us on most of the rides.

A beautiful delicate waterfall. Too bad the camera is blurry.

FastDoc and his back support belt. I may have looked dorky but I can still walk!

I followed Rob and his DRZ for much of the ride. Once I came upon the DRZ on its side, running, and no Rob. He was about 50 feet down a 45 degree hill/cliff wedged into a tree. Both Rob and the bike were fine. 8O

Yes we went over that log. And God knows only how many more.