Thread: New Mexico
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Glad to read this! I know that AZ won't have much trouble plating one of these, but like I showed in the CL link, they are able to even be plated in California. However, those are the actual Skyteam branded bikes (even though sold through SSR), and sold through a California licensed dealer....
That's what the owner of Trailbuddy told me ..." we can get these plated in CA. ..so getting them done there in your state should be a cinch".

Ha-Ha.

But then again ...he's also told me that these bikes are not street legal in Michigan and that's why he couldn't sell them as "street legal".

TB also replaces the China carb for a better one before it gets shipped out to the buyer.
That's what kind of helped me in making my decision on where to buy; that they take extra steps, post-factory, to make sure they're selling you a quality product.
I don't think Killermotor, The Scooter Depot, etc... are going to go that far for you.

Mine is def. Skyteam, although I've also seen it under numerous names, the SSR you mentioned and also a DAX.

Just be careful and back your tracks up when ordering something of this magnitude/cost online.
I did this all through PayPal so if there were any problems I'd have them backing me up ...getting 6 months interest free wasn't bad either. Plus I had 2 bills of sale, one from Paypal and one from TB.

Now that you mentioned Arizona, I do remember one incident involving AZ and TB.
TB and I were comparing other states and their requirements and it just so happened they sold one to a person in AZ right before me.
The buyer did have to send the MCO back, but only because it wasn't notarized and AZ requires that.
So before they shipped my MCO, the first original time, they called me and asked if my state required a notary too.
(Most dealers ship you the bike first, then the MCO, after you confirm the delivery of the bike. You call, tell them you got the bike, match the VIN's and then they mail it out. That way if something should happen to the bike on the way to you, like being stolen, they don't have an MCO).
I called my local MVD and they said no.
So make sure you tell whoever you buy they bike from that this will need to be done.

Happy Trails!