Thread: New Mexico
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Kind of stinks that you had to be the test subject :?

I know there was no bad intentions on their part, but this still is a major inconvenience! :x

My thinking is; what if this was going to be your only means of transportation, BKABQ? There are people who cannot afford cars, or expensive bikes. Then again, mail order might not be the best option if that was the case. Good luck on your saga!
Luckily I have 2 cars too, but I only work less than a mile from home, and felt bad driving my cars that short distance.
They barely have time to warm up ...lol.
The bike was supposed to help in that area.

It was the MCO that threw everything off.
It was missing a lot of info that was supposed to be on it and that falls back on the manufacturer, not the dealer.
I've pulled a couple MCO examples off the net, from major bike retailers (Honda and even Lifan) and theirs included the stuff mine didn't.

I'm just glad I didn't have to send the MCO all the way back to China, instead of just the dealer in Michigan.
I def. wanted the Honda clone ...heck, if Honda was still makin' 'em I would have bought it directly from them, but they don't, so the only way was going mail order.
I might do it again, but I would be asking a heck of a lot more questions, pre-sale, than I did with this one.
I'm used to the dealer doing all the Titling, Registration, and so forth and the bike or vehicle just being ready for me to drive off when I buy it.

This way was a whole new experience for me, and one I'll never forget.
Unfortunately it's not over ....yet.
I still have to go try and register/title it, again, on Thursday.
I hope I don't have to pay much interest for being late to register it.
NM charges interest if you don't get the vehicle/bike registered within a 90 day period, and it's about 15 - 20 days over that limit now.

...Keeping my fingers crossed for Thursday!!!!!