View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #7

in my experience somewhat larger carbies can be very good, i mean very good :-) unless you overdo it. that aside, space limitations are an important concern, as with cars, where your big hollley wont fit under your corolla's bonnet to begin with :-)

but 4 mm more are not excessive, with the other mods on the periphery done. the 28mm (genuine) slide mikuni i have on the zong (as a result of perusing the TW mod site http://www.tw-parts.com/ ) makes a world of a difference.

i recently bought a new zongshen 230 OHC engine (580 A $) and aforementioned 22mm Mikuni (80 A$ = importers don t necessarily pass savings onto consumers), so i ll see how that goes. i think i ll try to compare it to a 28 mm or 30 mm slide Mikuni eventually, provided it all fits into the XL frame. the logic of it is that the 200 cc Zong does well with the 28mm, so the 230 cc could probably do with a couple of extra mm.