View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc31b
My DMV is giving me problems because of that dmn plaque!
does the DMV in your state actually look at your bike and/or do they do the "inspections"?

funny thing, since i was clueless, i just took my official looking MSO, Bill of Sale, and proof of insurance to the local DMV, and they issued my plates with no questions or hesitation at all....then afterwards i found out i also needed to have the bike inspected to be street legal...so i took it to a local Firestone for the inspection, and while chatting with the guy, i mentioned the bike was already plated and registered...he was surprised because he said usually the bike is inspected FIRST before it can get plates....hmmmm 8O

anyway, i didn't have them do the inspection then because the guy couldn't find a place to put the inspection sticker, assuming the bike passed....so i told him i'd figure something out & come back at a later date

i've been busy with other things and it's been a couple of months and i still haven't gone back....does anyone think looking at the plaque is part of the inspection?? :?