View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #1

Picked up a rough 2006 Roketa RJM-200e

We have a Roketa dealer in town so I took a chance grabbing this bike for $200 off craigslist. It has 600 miles but is in poor non-running condition. I've been out of the bike game for 7 years now and wanted to start back with a cheap project. I have been searching for several days now for info on this bike with not too much luck. I think I have identified the motor as the GY2 OHC My replacement/work list is as follows

headlight assembly/shroud and light
chain is super rusty
clean carb
no keys for tank or ignition
no battery or battery box
one bent spoke on front wheel
flat front tire
melted sparking relay
melted cdi

I plan on riding this bike on 300 mile plus trips to the Texas Hill Country and would like to put it back to reliable condition. I found these parts on Roketa's site but would like to know if there are better replacments I should buy instead of the ones through Roketa. I would also like info on the best sproket/chain upgrade to make. Any info on oil changes and recomended oil. Which Japanese bike is similar so as I might find an upgraded exhaust/intake/jet for this bike. Is there a better plug/wire/coil to run? Is this bike sold under a different name as well? I'm 240lbs so I am trying to squeez out all the hp I can. Thanks for all the future help and I will post up pics soon. I look forward to being a member of this community.