View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #39

OK I have a confession to make.

I still need to take the class next weekend and I do not have an M designation on my class C lic. But I could not stand it any longer.
I am sure some of you will chew me out for this but at least Im being honest.

I RODE MY BIKE! OMG I feel like a teenager again. No wonder middle aged men buy these damn things!

I only rode around the block of my neighborhood. Low traffic and I thought I was pretty safe. I did get insurance on it. Only cost me $77.

A few notes: Manual is completely wrong about shifting. It says one up for 1st and four down for the rest of the gears. The transmission is the complete opposit on mine. One down for first and four up. I am happy for this as this seems more natural to me.

Only issue I still have is that I can find neutral just fine while engine is off but almost impossible to find while engine is running.

I did put chain oil on but have yet to lube the clutch cable. Maybe that is the reason. Did some research and most info I got was that I may need to adjust clutch cable, change engine oil type or adjust clutch itself. I pray that the fix is an easy and cheap one.

Engine sputtered and hesitated a bit until it warmed up. Not sure why. Maybe it takes a while to warm up. Let it warm for 1 min only and then I put the choke in the full open possition.

I have to admit, there was a time when I thought to myself that I may have been making a big mistake and what did I get myself into. But damn I feel like a kid again. Soooo worth it! Most fun I have had with my clothes on.

On another forum ppl suggested I buy a new NKG spark plug. Seems to run fine but plugs are cheap so I may do that anyway just to be safe. May also replace the metal filter with a paper element. Not sure I trust the stock filter.

I did get some really strange looks and one guy pulled over and asked me if my DF250 was a harley. That made my day LOL.

Anyway, dont be too hard on me. I was like a 16yr old boy on his first date with a hottie and I had no self control. I had to ride her LOL.