View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #105

SOK brakes. Horrible I think I could have stopped it better using an old leather belt glued to the shoes. I got them from Ebay. OEM were twice as expensive but I guess I should have known better. I still need to replace the rear and will go OEM Honda. I know they work.

I have heard good things about the powder gun from Eastwood so I will likely get their kit. To start off with I will get an old oven But I would like to build an oven big enough for a frame. (I have seen plans online Using oven elements for heat) But that is down the road.

The shocks are ebay specials, RFY (china) They actually work very well and I got them for 90 shipped. (scratch and dent sale they normally go for 110.00 shipped. ) The xl uses the same size as an RD350. I knew about them and was willing to try them as an RD I fixed last year for a guy had them and they rode decent. (Not as nice as Works shocks but they arn't 500.00 either) they are rebuildable also. (Important for guys like you and me. )

Had a great ride to work, Only issue was very minor, I need to adjust the idle mix. When I sit idling for a few mins it revs up a little. (lean I think)
Other than that it worked great.