Thread: New ccm cxr 230
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by louilouiloui
On your bikes, could someone tell me what your positions are on the fuel tap, for fuel on, reserve and fuel off please as i didnt have any fuel left and my reserve was empty? Thanks
I've seen the valve go both directions, so it's a puzzle if there are no markings.

One way is to remove the fuel tap from the tank. You'll note that the assembly has two tubes attached to it; one long and one short. The long tube is the main, and once fuel gets below that level, only the short tube will draw fuel. Turn the valve one direction, put a clean piece of tubing on the barb and gently blow through it. You'll be able to tell which tube the air is exiting from, and you'll be able to mark the position.

Using that method, you'll be able to determine which way main and reserve are, with off in the middle. I've engraved a small arrow on the tap handle to remind me.

BTW, while you have the valve out, you can see if there's a sediment bowl on the bottom that can be removed for cleaning.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer