View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #10

Yea this is my first street legal resto/mod. I have done 3-4 engine swaps over the years. One of the fastest was an RD350 engine into a Kawasaki Tecate 3 wheeler. I am 99% street now a days, too many screws and ti bits in the bones to go offroad much anymore. But I like the upright riding style and light handling of an Enduro. (and so does my back. ) (I Used to race Moto-x, Trials, enduro and hare scrambles. and ATC's in flattrack)

A spinal fusion and both knees fixed and both shoulders and I have slowed down some LOL Got back on a bike last year for commuting (my 78 DT175 yamaha) and did a little offroad mostly to prove to myself I can still do it.

Wanted a winter project and the XL was it. Messed around finding parts but I decided I wanted a newer engine with CDI, and electric start and easy to get parts. so I have been keeping an eye out for the Pushrod lifan and finally fell into it along with having some spare $ And I took the weekend off from dealing with my mom's estate that I have been dealing with since Nov.

Felt real good to do some wrenching and welding. Ahhh...