View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #5

Thanks guys.

The Saga runs rather well, but there is definitely some power hiding in that muffler. Jim and I will take the time to go through it and perform the usual four stroke upgrades. I easily travelled at 70mph on the highway with it, but it takes a while to get there.

My buddy's Silverwing is a blast to ride, and there is cavernous space under the seat; enough room for two helmets. He hasn't ridden it much this year, and he's considering a dual sport instead. This may be Jim's next scooter.

I'm an ATGATT believer, but I've yet to aquire all that stuff. My gear for the last several years has been dirt only. Now that Son of Weldangrind and I are moving towards dual sports, our gear will change a bit.

Pastor Jim is coaching Son of Weldangrind through the written portion of the Class 6 exam. I'd do it, but we all know how such things go between father and son.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer