View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
That rear tire has a lot of tread left on it, Weld. The TW200/Zong is a great little motorcycle; I still have a lot of fun riding mine! The 196cc, Yamaha engine is nearly bulletproof, and an FMF TC2 silencer will really wake up that engine.

Spud
Thanks Spud.

The previous owner said that the owner prior changed the rear tire, so I'm lucky on that count. I checked at two of the TW200 forums, and there is a China rear tire that is popular as a front tire on the T-Dub. I can pick one up for a fair price, so that's likely the way I'll go.

I think I'll try some hilbilly engineering before I go the FMF route; I like them a lot, but I have a bunch of stuff to replace on this bike.
TW200forum.com is a great place to hang out, with lots of great information on the TDub. A while back several other TW200 forums started up, but I didn't think any of them caught on. If I may ask, to which two forums are you referring? Are you considering the Cheng Shin C-913-1 tire, or another tire for the front wheel?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894