View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #27

A few more pics

My sister Linda, who lives in the midwest, has been following my cabin build and wanted to come see it. her husband Randy likes to ride, and it was decided that they would truck their bike down on a fri, and we would spend sat riding the Blue ridge parkway. Here is Randy and Linda on their bike

Me and Roxanne also trucked our bikes in, we had a bunch of stuff to take with us to the cabin.

We had made some improvements to the cabin, including a great looking vinyl flooring we scored off craigslist for the kitchen

Wood laminate flooring for the bathroom

Opened up the water heater cabinet for a little storage

Hooked up the water
[/img]
shower came out ok

We put down a wood laminate flooring in the batroom

An extra piece of kitchen countertop became a nightstand

Im going to put a lock on the door

The couches are both sleepers

The cabin was comfortable for the weekend

We were going to build a closet but found this Armoir at a yardsale

Guy gave us this little desk with the armoir.

It was a chilly weekend, but this small electric heater kept the cabin comfy

I still have one piece of kitchen countertop left. It is going to become a corner hutch to put the microwave on
[/img]
Sat dawned bright, clear and a little chilly. Our destination was Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway. But first, a gas stop for the bikes.

Then onto the parkway. Stopped at one of the many overlooks where a Beamer rider took all of our pics

Mabry Mill was really crowded. This is an earlier pic

They were cooking apples for apple butter and sugar cane.
The water sloughs had gold dust in the sloughs

Linda and Randy at Mabry Mill

Mabry Mill was around 120 miles since the fill up that morning. We pushed back to Fancy Gap for gas. I had put Roxannes DR on reserve at Mabry Mill and was hoping it would make it. About 138 miles total, her bike held 3 gallons when we filled up. Total capacity is 3.4 gallons. We ate at Lakeview restraunt. It is one of our favorites, In operation since the 30's. Sorry no pics.
We stopped off at one last overlook for the view

The XR ran fine with the new pipe and jetting, although I suspect it is running rich. About 260 mile round trip, the parkway was filled with bikes and cars.
2007 DR 650
1973 Yamaha TX 650