View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #1

....new to forum with special needs Zongshen 250GS

Hey folks, I'm really excited to find this site, hoping I can get some tips/ clues/ help/ hope in dealing with my ZS 250GS it's been my bane for going on 5 years now and one of my biggest personal investment regrets. Locally there is nobody who will touch this bike, the few people I have attempted to have work on it have either ripped me off or just shrugged their shoulders and advised me to find someone else. On top of all of this I have no way to get it to anyone but I am, however, very technical minded and well versed on the inner workings of at least an idea of how this bike works. any info is greatly appreciated.

My first issue is not getting a spark on it....no impedance value in the cap. battery is brand new and fully charged, spark plug is brand new. The battery light flashes when I hit the starter but other than that, completely dead, nothing ! I'm attempting a CDI replacement but is the ignition coil possibly to blame?

Bike has roughly 5000 miles on it, Thanks in advance....Cheers!

this question was already answered, (thanks Weldangrind) but would love to hear further thoughts.