View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Scooters are easy to ride after you get use to the quick steering and little wheels.
Yes, I'm sure not much could be easier.....it's just the idea of being out on these country roads, on this little teeny thing, where occasional cars will be whipping by at 60MPH that's kinda scary.

I really wish I had gotten one of these back when on Long Island and/or Queens... Now THAT would have been a blast!

I've been yearning to get a bicycle, too- a nice road bike....but there's no way I'm going up the long up-hill grades on my road at 10MPH....I could just picture some distracted meth-head on his cell phone coming up over the crest of the hill and flattening me. At least if I can go up the grade at 30MPH or so on a scooter, it might not be TOO bad. (The good news is: Once I get off of my two-lane state highway, all the other roads are narrower country roads where cars can't do much more than 40- it's just the few miles I have to do on my road to get to those other roads that worries me. I mean, there's not much traffic...but that occasional car careening along at 60MPH is just kinda scary- and there are no shoulders or anywhere to go...)