View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #4

Congrats on the purchase! I got mine for $924 tax and shipping in. I just finished assembling mine and can offer a few hints as to what to expect:

1. Fuel lines should be replaced. They are very thin and mine were kinked. It is actually a really awkward angle going from the fuel tank, to the filter, and then to the fuel shut off valve. I'm probably going to introduce a 45 degree brass angle fitting in the fuel system to smooth it out.

2. Make sure that the fuel line from the tank to the fuel filter is NOT resting on the top of the engine. There is a little metal clip/guide that the fuel line should be in. Mine was not and was just lying on the top of the motor. Lots of heat + gas = bad.

3. Grease up the front wheel axle.

4. Use loctite blue on any bolt you can find!

5. You might have to adjust the angle of the front brake lever/master cylinder. Looks like it's just zipped on with not much consideration for orientation.

6. You will more then likely have to adjust the clutch lever to tighten it up. Adjustments can be made at the handlebar lever and the actuator that feeds into the motor.

That's about all I can think of right now...