View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 02:45 AM   #1

1977 Honda CJ360 T

I picked up a new bike today. It's a 77 Honda CJ360T. A friend of my dads and the family, and who my dad works with, and I used too, talked his brother in law into giving me the bike :o

He is the original owner of the bike, and has stored it indoors the whole time he's owned it. It hasn't been run since shortly after he got it. It only has I believe it was around 835 miles on it.

I'm going out of town for the weekend, so I won't be able to post any pics of it or anything, but it is in really good shape. It needs to be washed, and cleaned up a bit but looks very good.

I'm not sure what it's going to take to get it running. The tank seems like it is about half full... of 30 something year old gasoline jelly.... Any one have any tricks on turning this back into a liquid and getting it out of the tank? I need to be careful not to damage the paint. Hot water maybe?

I'll try to get some pictures and clean it up early next week. I am also still working on the cl350, I think the fuel valve may be clogged on one line.