View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #14

I just went through this with a buddy's SUNL ATV-115 on Friday. We picked it up from a guy for a $100 off Craigslist. He couldn't get it running so I figured I'd dive into it and see what I could find out. It had a trashed carburetor on it and we replaced that for $51. I'm actually spoiled here being that there is a guy who sells all the parts for the Chinese 4 wheelers one block up the street from me. I got the new carb in and it fired right up and was screaming! We rode the shit out of it for a bit and as I was driving it to the garage it just died. I couldn't get it working for anything. NO SPARK!!!

I got to checking everything and came to find out that there was no ground getting to the CDI module. The green wire is your ground. Although everything "looked" good it turned that when they crimped the connector onto the wire that fit into the plug that they had only gotten about one true strand of wire. I made a quick jumper that I jammed into the plug and we had spark. I checked and verified it with the continuity checker on the volt meter and was getting nothing on the factory wire. I pulled it apart, re-crimped it, and now we are riding the thing every day.

May not be your issue but it was an experience that I thought I'd share. I have the advantage of owning a few of these 110cc atvs so I was able to swap coil, cdi and regulator modules between them to see if anything was bad. I was actually thinking it was going to be a stator that was bad and was ready to pick one up for $50. I'm glad I figured out it was just a bad crimp job or I would have been out the money.