View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #9

Re: Penndot scooter registratiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlygbianco
I just bought 2 roketa mc-17 150cc motor scooters via the web. I managed to get them registered with out a problem. The new penndot scooter laws are easy to deal with. I got panicked when I read the threads here because people make it sound impossible to do.

Here its what to do.

If your bike/scooters vin# starts with any number other then M you must first have the merchandise order/ mco (its your proof of purchase or receipt)

then find the vin on your bike/scooter. You have 3 choices as to your next step. The first and easiest is to get a crayon and paper, place the paper over the vin on the bike/scooter and using a crayon on its side make a rubbing of the vin, make sure it is very easy to read. Second choice is to take the bike/scooter to a state licensed repair / inspection garage to have a mechanic verify that the vin matches the mco. Third you can take the bike/scooter thi the police for them to verify the vin and mco match. Finally you can bring it to the notary when you go and they check it. The problem with all but the first option is it is illegal to drive the bike/scooter until it is registered.

Once you have done one of the above choices you go to the notary (it must be one of the big ones a chain like Yurkonic) and take the mco and any other paper work you have and they will file with the special titles decision in harrisburg for a title. At this point if you haven't paid sales tax they will make you pay it.
After 2-4 weeks you will receive your title as long as the vin on the bike and the paperwork match.

After that you can go back to the notary and get your registration and license plate.

I hope this is helpful to anyone looking for a fun time on your scooter :-)[/list]
Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us, Kimberly! I'm pleased to hear you had an easy time getting a license plate for your scooter.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894