View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #18

Hey guys! I just got back from spending a week off trying to finish off the cabin. Came close, but still have about four full days of work to go on it. Here are some pics of the weeks progress. The living room/kitchen was mostly done, looking like this

[/img]
The bedroom/ bathroom needed insulation and wall boards

here is the bathroom with one wall

lot of the corner boards had to be trimmed, yours truly on my table saw
[/img]
OSHA never heard of this one, a buddy found it in an old house he bought. Weird sized blade, had to do some work to get a modern blade to fit. Have no idea how old it is, but works fine for small stuff like trim

walls going up in the living room

Had to trim the windows

ceiling going up

I was going to leave the water heater in the kitchen, decided to move it to the bathroom and build a cabinet over it

The counter over the water heater is the same as the kitchen cabinet. We bought a kitchen sink and huge countertop off craigs list. Cut off parts will be the bathroom counter top, a corner kitchen counter top and probably a night stand.
The water heater cabinet goes well with this porcelan corner sink we found.

The shower needs work, it froze to the ground outside and cracked. My uncle swears he will have it like new with bondo and epoxy. We'll see, it was also priced right, free!!

Here is a pic of the bedroom. The walls are sealed, just have to do the trim

a picture from the bedroom showing the kitchen, bathroom doors.

Another picture of the kitchen cabinet, I liked how they came out.

Just have to do floor covering, hang two more doors and the back wall outside and my little mountain cabin will be done.
2007 DR 650
1973 Yamaha TX 650