View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputygene
Hey Spudrider! Did you notice the tailight in the second picture? The one you recommended, that I made a trade to weldandgrind for. It works great.
I looked at those racks once, may have to give them a second look.
How many miles do you have on your bike now? What front tire are you running?
I didn't notice until Weldangrind pointed it out! Indeed, the Western Power Sports tail light is excellent, and fits the BRP as if it were designed for it! After trail vibrations killed the filament in the stock, tail light bulb, I recently installed a Trail Tech, 1157, LED bulb in my tail light. I bought the bulb from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.

The odometer on my XR650L now shows 19,391 miles, Gene. I bought the bike with 7,800 miles on the odometer. I am employing a CST, Surge I, front tire on my "pig." This tire works surprisingly well on the street, and has never failed me off road. I just mounted my third, Surge I, front tire. I have averaged 5,000 miles of wear from my first two, Surge I, front tires.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894