View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #8

I think that the whole unJapanese insinuations are a crock! Last year on TT, there were people practically crying that Japanese companies would be potentially put out of business due to all the Chinese products, including bikes.

Growing up in the 80's, I remember reading and watching the news about how Japanese products were practically dumped into the US with little to no reciprocity for US goods. Our manufacturing was, and has been, continuously decimated by Japanese dumping; and don't get me started on Korea. We are not on equal trading footing no matter how often the terms "trading partners" or "free trade" are used, and that pretty much goes for products from pretty much anywhere coming to the US and our products, well, stopped by pretty much any and every other countries' restrictive import barriers and tariffs.

I say, enjoy the heck out of these Chinese bikes. Use them guilt-free. There is not one US company producing small enduros, or any enduros, with the exception of ATK, a very premium company. In other words, not only enjoy your bike, but think of how much less the terrorists are pocketing every time you commute on a small scooter or 200cc enduro.

OK, its time to get off my soap-box.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard