View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Unfortunately, Bruce is telling it like it is.
Since they "Tanked" Redcat Motors in Jan., I believe that Tank will have a lot of ground to make up if they are to succeed in the business. They thought they were gaining a strong dealer base of over 500 Redcat dealers, but with the support they offer to date with us, they are loosing most of them a little every day. The current dealers can no more get questions answered from them than you have been able to get yourself, olds_cool. Not exactly the relationship that I had with Redcat Motors where the owner actually listened to the dealers and make changes for improvements and always answered questions.

Tank, actually Mike, has spoken about all the good things that they expect from their recent escapades, but I don't know how many dealers are going to stick around to see. I am like Bruce, there's no way I will sell a product if there is no support to go with it. Not good business sense at all! I honestly believe that Tank's owners are more interested in what the world market can produce more than worrying about the North American market as it is such a small piece of the pie. Dealers are kinda get the feeling that we are getting the left overs. Over four months have passed since the merger of the two companies and they are both worse off now than they were in Jan. as far as parts, support and units! Tank is already talking about dropping the MPX line of ATVs from Redcat, they cut their scooters out and looks like the bikes are going to dissappear. They were after the dealer base and the warehouse locations, all 5 of them, but nothing positive has developed from it all yet.