View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #1

W&G asked...so here ya go.

I figured this was a good time to do the pics as I was mothballing her this weekend. I didn't have the room in my little garage with all the other bikes but I just don't have the guts to sell her yet.
Our friend we've been helping with the log house in Pine Grove was kind enough to allow me to store it there....the price? Clean the garage! Well worth the cost to know she's in a safe spot.

In 1975, Husqvarna made three 250's. A WR, a CR and also, this GP. It's known as a 250 GP Heikki Mikkola Replica.
As some here know, Heikki Mikkola, "The Flying Finn", is a 4 time Motocross World Champion.

Back then, no country on Earth had the metal working skills of the Swedes....and this bike shows it. A true piece of work, to be sure.

Enjoy the tour!

Her she is...basking in the sun through the trees....

A no-frills bike. Not even a kick stand. Race only.
The wooden stand it lives on is from 1975. Living proof if you oil-soak plywood, it has the half-life of Uranium. 8)

The heart of the beast. Engine is made of magnesium. Frame, 3140 Swedish chromemoly. Every weld, by hand, of course.

Proud of their heritage....and show it as often as possible.

Fox Gas Shocks. State of the Art back then.

The Helm. Hang on. I'm not kidding. I ported the heck out of it in my younger, racing days. To radical for this guy now.

Find these anymore anywhere????

The Bing. Made for speed. No choke. Tickle to flood, kick your butt off.
I upgraded the reeds cage back then to Boysen dual reeds.

Akront "Yellows". Light as a feather. Bent like rubber. 8O

Nope.....have never polished that. It just never looked bad. Ain't she 'perdy'!?

Here we go with the Swede's again. Back then....hand-welding aluminum.

Me and her.....final pic before burial.

May she rest in peace.....but she will rise again!

I can't tell you how much this bike means to me. She's tried to kill me so many times but also, brought me so many victories. PLus....she's the last bike my brother rode before the Lord took him home. Yup...a special bike indeed.
Hope you enjoyed the show!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350