View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Thanks for the report, Brother Bill! Let's take a look at that carburetor, and see if we can fix the cold start problem.

Spud
What Kind of Carb does this have? A CV? I Know that I read about moving the Clip on the main Needle down to the 4yh position has been stated to help with cold starts. I find that to be true becuase I started my bike yesterday (Foregetting to put the choke on) and it fired right up without problem. Barely had to give it any gas. Just a thought if any of it applys. I am certainly not a CARB guy but I am learning quite a bit here.

DOC - Did you get a Service manual or locate one for this bike yet?

Andrew
Thanks for the links. I have not seen them and will check them out.

I will post some carb pics today when I get a chance.

It's a CV carb and your idea may work. I hesitate because it started easily this AM and may not need to be adjusted. I also added some Seafoam to clean it out a bit more. Finally it runs so good I am not in a rush to change the carb settings, will wait and see, and ride.

BTW Andrew, you bought one of the best 200cc bikes available, from any country. You and your Q will build a long and happy relationship. The more you ride that bike the more you will like it.

I actually SAW a Q on the 100 mile off road section yesterday. An orange one trying to look like a KTM but it's A/C engine and modest speed (and Q decals) gave it away. I bet it's owner was smiling in his (her?) helmet.