View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
I know exactly what you're talking about Spud.
As much as I love the Q and the Hondanoids I've had, which have been very reliable trail bikes, the reason I spent the money was because they were very inexpensive, which justified 'taking the gamble' on a CB, concerning reliablity and parts availability.
If the only option was buying a pair of 4000.00 motorcycles to go trail riding a dozen times a year, it wouldn't have happened.

Once the CB's start pricing themselves 'within the justifiable reach' of a Big 4 unit, I'd rather spend a grand or so more and be able to buy Kawasaki parts right down the street.

Bottom line. They've sold the CB's they've sold to people like us because it's basically a reliable product for super cheap.

I wish them the best but I still wish they had the XP/XF 200 in the lower price end of their line. Harley stayed alive the last few years by selling tons of Sportsters.
You have expressed my sentiments exactly, 2LZ. I could not have said it better, myself.

I am very glad vendors are introducing new Chinese motorcycles, even if they are overpriced. However, I don't understand why these manufacturers/vendors are stopping the importation of the competitively priced Zongshen 200GY-2, and Qingqi 200cc motorcycles. :roll:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894