View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
I don't have anything against Macs, except their premium price.

Macs certainly are not now what they once were, but my Mac is 12 years old, cost $2500 new, and was hand made by Americans. Knock off current resale (do 12 year old PCs have a resale?) and cost of ownership is less than $200 a year.

Yes, they are more expensive, but if mine is any indication, they last longer. (and I download anything I choose to download)
I don't believe Macs last any longer than PCs. Several years ago my brother bought a very nice, new PC for $600. He had his previous PC for ten years. Therefore, based upon his past experience, he will probably spend $60 a year for his latest computer, which is about $5 per month. As I said, I don't have anything against Macs, except their premium price. If people want to buy them, I think it's great, but most people choose otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I download anything I choose to download on the pc too... I don't have problems, the one time I did it was something to do with Java (not a fan).

I have a theory that virus developers are funded by anti virus companies.
As with Jim, I don’t have any problems with downloads either. However, I do exercise discretion whenever I choose to download something. I think Jim’s theory about computer viri has some merit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
...Download Malwarebytes...Malwarebytes and MS Security essentials is the best software out there. MSE Is FREE from microsoft...
I agree with Andrew. I have Malwarebytes, the free version, and it is excellent. I’m glad to learn Microsoft distributes MSE, or anything, for free! I spent a number of years in the computer industry myself, and I witnessed Bill Gates engage in a lot of ruthless, unethical business practices that destroyed a lot of his competitors. :x I’m not a fan of “Billy the Borg.”

http://microborg.ytmnd.com/

I'm glad you got the problem fixed, 2LZ. As I said, my free, AVG anti-virus program saved me from a similar fate a few months ago.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894